Where are you situated?
We are situated in the Northern Cape Province of South Africa. It is the safest hunting destination in South Africa, with wide open spaces.
What species do you have available to hunt in your area?
Species found on the ranch include:
Steenbuck, Grey Duiker, Mountain Reedbuck, Springbuck – Kalahari, Springbuck – Copper, Springbuck – White, Springbuck – Black, Blesbuck – Common, Blesbuck – Golden, Blesbuck – White, Impala – Southern, Nyala, Waterbuck, Red Hartebeest, Kudu – Greater, Black Wildebeest, Blue Wildebeest, Gemsbuck (Oryx), Sable Antelope, Roan Antelope, Burchell’s Zebra, Cape Eland, Giraffe and Ostrich
What is the best time of year to come and hunt?
Hunting is excellent throughout the year and it depends on what kind of temperatures you enjoy. October through to March is our summer months and maximum temperatures of up to 40 degrees Celsius can be expected. April to September is our cooler months. In the middle of winter minimum temperatures of around freezing can be expected early morning and in the evening.
Any malaria in your hunting area?
The Northern Cape Province is a malaria free area an no other specific vaccines are needed.
What is the best calibre to use in your areas and the average hunting range?
.300 Win Mag is a very good all round calibre for African Game. For dangerous game a minimum of .375 H&H needs to be used. Hunting range is between 100 and 250 yards.
Can we rent rifles at FM Safaris?
All our Professional Hunters have rifles that can be rented. All of them are good working rifles with good quality scopes.
What type of terrain can be expected?
We offer a variety of hunting terrain – from big Kalahari dunes to Savannah bushveld with big camel thorn trees.
What hunting methods are normally used?
Hunting is mostly done by spot and stalk methods. Hunting vehicles are used to get good areas and to spot game. Methods can be adjusted according to fitness of our clients.
What does our nightly rate include?
- Services of a licensed professional hunter, trained skinner, tracker and camp staff.
- 4 X 4 Hunting vehicle
- Accommodation within the hunting area.
- All meals and beverages as well as daily laundry service.
- Field preparation of trophies (skinning, salting and drying).
- Transport of raw trophies to the taxidermy.
- 15% Government added tax on all daily rates and transportation.
- Trophy fees are vat exempt.
What does our nightly rate exclude?
- Trophy fees of animals wounded, bagged and lost as per current trophy fee pricelist.
- For all wounded or lost animals, 15% government VAT will be charged.
- Ground transportation between hunting areas and Kimberley/Upington and other airports.
- Hotel accommodation before and after a safari.
- Packing, dipping and shipping of trophies to final destination.
- Commercial and air chartered flights between hunting areas.
- Medical & travel expenses – please have own travel and medical insurance.
- Gratuities to staff.